Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Atom Smashers




Hello hello!

After the fateful Snowpocalypse (as it has forthwith come to be known), I was feeling the need to step up my game a little bit. Having a week off kind of threw off my normal schedule and I couldn't help but worry about the impending real-adult-work-money life that will soon enough be upon me. Hence, I decided to give myself another project in conjunction to my thesis which consists of 1 week editorial pieces focusing around science, politics, lifestyle, finance etc.

This week's piece comes from an article in Science News about scientists using the recently completed particle collider in Switzerland to smash gold atoms together. They found that when two atoms successfully met, they created a super dense, super hot substance that they believe could resemble the infant universe.

7 comments:

Niv Bavarsky said...

I dig this, digdawg. Nice to see you developing a quicker line language outside of sketchbooking.

Barbara Tarr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Tarr said...

His face not being a face kinda distracts me from those sweet gold bars. might just be me though. love the flames, and the colors.

Nick Iluzada said...

sick nasty

Craig said...

Or create a black hole that will consume us all? Lovely. Lovely illustration that is. BAM! Except the tiny mouth by the nose thing is throwing me off.

Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cam its Cowan like the most recent work. read the article about it at discovermagazine.com and knew instantly what this represented keep up the sick ass work.